This article contains affiliate links, for more information, see the disclosure here. Thanks for your support!
The classic Nikkor 135mm f/2 stands among the greatest pro-photography lenses of all time. Built like a tank, with some of the highest quality mechanics featured by any lens, the owner of this item can expect a lifetime of exceptional performance with only basic care and maintenance.
Optically, this vintage lens is in a class of its own and is often used as a comparison block for other high-end telephoto lenses. With superb, silky smooth bokeh and surprisingly sharp image rendering wide open, it’s no wonder this lens is the secret weapon of choice for many portrait and sport photographers.
Nikkor Telephoto 135mm f/2.0 AIS at a glance
- Superb sharpness, punchy colors, and crisp micro contrast
- Exceptionally well made from all metal and glass components
- Virtually no barrel distortion
- Features built-in metal lens hood
- Very little chromatic aberration for a vintage lens
- Ultra fast and bright f/2 maximum aperture allows for shallow depth of field and for good results in low-light photography
- Quite sharp at center wide open at f/2
- First-in-class image background compression for a superb bokeh effect and shallow depth of field
- Ideal for weddings, portraits, sports photography, and an array of close up work
Nikkor Telephoto 135mm f/2.0 AIS Sample Images
|Focal Length (35mm format):
|Nikon F-Mount (AI)
|Angle of View (35mm format):
|1.3m to Inifinity
|6 elements in 4 groups
|Number of Blades:
|Manual Focus (MF)
|Country of Manufacture:
The sample images in this post were captured using a Sony A7r, Mark III
The product images were captured using a Samsung Galaxy Note 9