About cookies and how they benefit you
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Remembering your search settings
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Tailoring content to your needs
- Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. you declined to use our app or take our survey)
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
- Videos (powered by YouTube and Vimeo)
- Presentation Slides (powered by SlideShare)
- Google Maps
- Other embedded content
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social website cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site. Cookies are set by:
- Google Plus
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Site improvement cookies
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
We use Google Analytics – If you are anti-Google you can opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics (we’d prefer you didn’t though as this data is seriously helpful to us in improving our website)
- Flex Offers
- Topaz Labs
- Comission Junction
- On1 Inc.
- Rakuten Marketing
- ACD Systems
You may notice that sometimes after visiting a site you see increased numbers of adverts from the site you visited. This is because advertisers, including ourselves pay for these adverts. The technology to do this is made possible by cookies and as such we may place a so called “remarketing cookie” during your visit. We use these adverts to offer special offers etc to encourage you to come back to our site. Don’t worry we are unable to proactively reach out to you as the whole process is entirely anonymised. You can opt-out of these advertising cookies at any time as explained above.
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. For further details, you can also refer to aboutcookies.org
This information on this page was adapted from the content Cookies in Use on This Site, ©2000 – 2018 Attacat Internet Marketing, and is made available under a creative commons Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0) license.