This article contains affiliate links, for more information, see the disclosure here. Thanks for your support!
The Minolta 50mm F/2 ROKKOR-X MD is an excellent standard focal length prime lens that can be easily adapted to work with many full-frame or APS-C cameras. As an exceptionally fast, remarkably sharp lens with a reasonably attractive bokeh. With its viewpoint similar to that of the human eye, it’s ideal for a wide range of shooting scenarios including portraits, street photography, and even landscapes. This lens features a waffle-pattern rubber focusing grip for enhanced maneuverability.
At a glance
- Renders classic colors and contrast, unique to vintage Minolta glass
- Virtually no distortion
- Fast and bright f/2 maximum aperture allows for razor thin depth of field and for spectacular results in low-light photography
- Sharp at center wide open at f/2 and very sharp across the frame by f/8
- Great walk around lens, ideal for portraits, street photography, landscapes, and (f2) even astrophotography
- Rugged mostly metal construction
Minolta 50mm F/2 ROKKOR-X Manual Focus Prime Lens
|Focal Length (35mm format):||50mm|
|Mount format:||Minolta MD-Mount|
|Angle of View (35mm format):||47°|
|Focusing Distance:||12in. to Inifinity|
|Number of Blades:||5|
|Country of Manufacture:||Japan|
Where to buy
You can visit the following affiliate link to ebay to search for this lens!
The sample images in this post were captured using a Sony A7r, Mark III
The product images were captured using a Samsung Galaxy Note 9